This workshop will cover "Electrical Material Parameters and Impedance Measurement Techniques in the Project MMAMA".
Manufacturing industry is putting more and more complicated materials and material systems onto the market. These are new semiconductor materials, composites, organic semiconductors, and many other ones. Knowing the electromagnetic parameters of these materials are the basis for product development. The effective extracted material parameters are used in microwave simulations and design but also, the spatially resolved material measurements are required to progress the material science. This workshop will show recent developments in highly precise material measurements for bulk materials and measurements with spatial resolution down to 20nm. The workshop includes live presentations of material measurement systems.
- Introduction to MMAMA project by Coordinator (Prof. Kamel Haddadi, Prof. Didier Theron, IEMN)
- Standard operating procedures for Scanning Microwave Microscopy and applications (Dr. Johannes Hoffmann, Dr Toai Le Quang, METAS)
- Scanning Microwave Microscopy techniques (Prof. Kamel Haddadi, Prof. Didier Theron, IEMN)
- Extraction of electric permittivity from nanoscale calibrated capacitance measurements using SMM (Prof. Francois Piquemal, Dr. Jose Moran, LNE)
- Impedance spectroscopy and coaxial probe (Dr. Georg Gramse, KEYSIGHT)
- Impedance Spectroscopy: fast and versatile characterization tool for multiscale evaluation of organic photovoltaic materials and process (Dr. David Moerman, Dr. Olivier Douheret, Materia Nova)
- Material characterization systems (Prof. Wojciech Gwarek, QWED)